Pages

Friday, August 5, 2011

Steel Magnolias

One of my oldest and most darling friends passed away. We knew this was coming. It just came faster than we thought. He left no children, but he did leave us the love of his life, who has become as much a part of my heart as he was. I will miss him for the rest of his life, as he always was, but I am grateful that he gave me the beautiful friend of his wife I'd have never known otherwise. She gives me a comfort and love that I can only ever hope to find some way to repay to them both.

This wonderful group of women has a foundation that has been tried, has been distant, has gone years without speaking, and it never matters. No matter what happens, happy, sad, or dull, each day brings us closer together, and I genuinely feel sorry for people that do not have what we have.

1 comment:

  1. You brought tears to my eyes....I am glad we can stick together, as the years pass we will become more important to each other.

    ReplyDelete